Wednesday, February 07, 2007

February 7, 2007 - "ROM Maintenance"

Today I took a look at my ROMS collection and realized I am several versions behind with MAME. I would like to be as updated as possible. I have aquired the updates up to version 0.111 and should be receiving those shortly. I know version 0.112 was released today, but I can't get my hands on those ROMS yet.I was at version 0.89. I plan to run MAME of course, I will also be running various console emulators as well (Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, and any others I can think of). I will be putting Daphne for the laser disc games. Right now I am sorting through and finding which are playable on my control panel, I do not want unplayable games on the machine taking up space. I am sure by the time I finish this project there will be several more versions of MAME released, I will try to keep up as I go.

By the way, today is the 10th anniversary of MAME.

I have also been contemplating using light guns. I really like the light gun games for the most part. I have to do a little research on the BYOAC Forums on this subject as to best options.

I am going to add buttons on the side of the control panel for pinball also. I have been messing with Visual Pinball, but I have found Future Pinball and I kind of like it a little better. I may just throw them both on there for the heck of it.

I am going to change my MameWah layout also, I linked my control panel image to the layout and it looked like crap in that small box, so a revision is going to take place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home